Beechwood Artists Group
A: Information we collect
Beechwood Artists Group holds two sets of Personal Information electronically:
1. Members : name, address, email, phone number(s)
2. External mailing list: any or all of, name, address, email address, date of last exhibition known to have been visited, date of last exhibition at which a purchase was known to have been made.
B: Use of Personal Information
We make the following promises about the Personal Information we hold:
• We will never sell, trade, buy or rent any Personal Information
• We will only use the data we hold on members for club-related purposes
• We will only use the data on our external mailing list for delivering information about our exhibitions or for other purely Beechwood Artists Group related purposes.
• We will restrict access to the Personal Information to those Committee Members who need it in order to carry out their role.
C: Cookies and Tracking Technologies
D: Legal Basis for Processing
We process Personal Information about you as a data controller, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: running our Group with efficient communication about membership renewal, exhibitions, events, etc; keeping a history of our Group’s membership; publicity activities relating to our exhibitions. With their permission (ref membership application / renewal form), photographs of members and of members’ work taken at exhibitions or other group events may be used in group and exhibition publicity materials, eg. group’s private and public Facebook pages, emails to external mailing list.
E: Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
• To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Beechwood Artists Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact the ICO.
If you no longer want to be contacted by Beechwood, please either contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us c/o Amersham Common Village Hall, White Lion Road, Amersham HP7 9JD, or use the unsubscribe option in any email sent by us to you via MailChimp. We will then delete your Personal Information.
If you are a member who leaves the group, we will retain your Personal Information indefinitely for the purposes of maintaining a history of our group, unless you request that we delete it.
Last updated: 29 October 2022
*MailChimp is an online marketing platform that we use to design and send attractive emails to all of our members or our entire external mailing list.